Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shake Shack


These shakes are not exactly the nutritional path I long to follow but every now and then you just have to say what the heck. I have not been to shake shack before today but have only ever heard great things from those who have. I happened to be in the neighborhood with my boyfriend this afternoon so we decided to hit it up. Though it was insanely cold here in New York City today we decided to go for the frozen treats. He ordered a vanilla malt shake and I opted for the "healthy" shake called the vitamin creamsicle. Danny Meyer, the owner of this joint, is one of the city's greatest restaurateurs. He is also a devotee of well-known celebrity fitness trainer David Kirsch. This shake combines frozen vanilla custard with David Kirsch vitamin-mineral orange super juice. It tasted just like an orange creamsicle should but as an added benefit was in some way good for me too. The shake shack is a green operation. They also have a well edited wine selection including half bottles of stags leap, frogs leap and opus one to name a few. I plan on returning when the weather gets a bit warmer.

No comments: