Monday, March 2, 2009

Ike & Sam

These two little guys make my favorite popcorn. I am generally not a fan of pre-bagged popcorn because it usually has a sorta stale taste. Maybe it's because they are based in Brooklyn that it's so fresh? They make a few different flavors but original sweet and salty is my personal fave. It's not too sweet not too salty, it's light and well it's just perfection! I like that there are a few ingredients. If ever you see this at the store (and I am seeing it all over the place lately) buy some and give it a try.
Most people think that kettlecorn means that the popcorn will be that sweet and salt flavor. In the case of Ike & Sam kettlecorn actually refers to how they cook the popcorn, similar to kettle potato chips. Each bag of Ike and Sam's says kettlecorn followed by the specific flavor.
To my knowledge they have only four flavors.
Light and fluffy = naked popcorn with a touch of salt
Sweet and salty = "kettle corn"
Crunchy caramel = exactly what it sounds like, yum
Kickin' cayenne = I haven't tried it yet, if anyone has please let me know your thoughts

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought the "original" flavor at Costco this past holiday season. LOVED IT! Went back for more in January, but Costco no longer had it. I don't know where else to get it, except on-line. Problem with that is the shipping costs are at least 3 times more than the actual cost of the popcorn. I simply can't afford the shipping.

Kerry Maxwell said...

I am in the Boston area, and have found Ike & Sam's at a local supermarket chain (Market Basket).