Sunday, October 12, 2008

The daily plate




You may have have been wondering why I include W.W. points and the links for The Daily Plate. Weight watchers because it’s a popular system and the daily plate because I am fan.

I use The Daily Plate not so much for the purposes of counting calories but more as a gauge for eating a balanced diet. I now believe that it is less about how much you eat but rather what you eat. Don't get me wrong portion control is still a good idea, especially when it comes to naughty foods, but as far as I can see no one has ever gotten fat from eating fruits and vegetables. Right?

I am using this to teach myself what a balanced meal and day looks like because when left to my own judgment I end up eating mostly fats and carbs, of course! I aim for a daily breakdown of 40% carbohydrate 30% protein 30% fat and the nutritional pie chart reconfigures itself each time you add or remove a food from your "plate".

TDP also allows you to see how much fiber, sugar and cholesterol you eat too, which are also important if those are issues for you. Or if you have a food allergy it's a great way to keep a food journal to track what might giving you trouble. It also stores a list of all your favorite foods and meals making it quick and easy add things. Oh, and it's free!

check out...The Daily Plate

No comments: