Thursday, October 9, 2008

Egg white salad



Serves 2

6 large hard boiled eggs, organic cage free with omega 3
2 tablespoons shallots (finely chopped)
3 tablespoons celery (finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1.5 tablespoons spectrum brand light canola mayo
Salt and pepper to your taste

Hard-boiling eggs
Place room temperature eggs in a large pot; fill pot with cold water covering the eggs plus about one more inch of water. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water. Bring the pot of water (with eggs) to a boil. Once water has reached a boil allow eggs to cook for 1 minute more. Then turn off stove, cover with the lid and remove the pot from stove. Let the covered pot sit for about 23 minutes. Next uncover, drain hot water and run cold water over the eggs till cooled. Peel eggs and discard yolks.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash well with a fork or wooden spoon. I always find this salad tastes even better the next day.


PAIRS WELL WITH...
Kavli 5 grain crispbread
Sandwiched between two slices of yummy whole grain bread
Lettuce cups

*NOTE
If your not so fond of chopped or sliced raw onions then soak the chopped onion in ice water for about 15 minutes this slows down the compounds that give onions their pungency.

Nutritional info, per serving
Calories 96.75
Calories from fat 22.5
Fat 3
Saturated fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 280
Carbohydrates 2.9
Fiber .65
Sugar .73
Protien 15

W.W. Points 2
The Daily Plate





2 comments:

New Look said...

I look like a creepy fan being the only commenter, but I made this egg salad today. It was amazing. And the Daily Plate is already changing my life.

I'm totally a creepy fan!

Anonymous said...

Well I will comment, too. If "creepy fan" is a friend of yours and she liked the egg salad, I'm going to give it a try. With two of you cheering for the egg salad and Daily Plate, how can I go wrong!
Aunt J
xoxoxo
(I know that my xo's are one more than Gossip Girl...now who's creepy :)